Pain in the neck can occur for a variety of reasons. These can be a certain event, like getting whiplash from a car accident, a trip or fall or more long term, postural issues, such as sitting at a desk for long periods, or constantly looking down at your phone. Even a stiff and slumped middle back can throw your head forward and load your neck joints and muscles causing strain and pain. Neck pain is something that can heavily affect your body and mind.
A sign of neck pain or neck issues can include:
- Pain or stiffness around the neck and shoulder when staying in one position for a long time
- Pain around the neck and shoulders when doing certain movements
- Pain on one side of the neck
- Tightness in and around the shoulders
- Pins and needles around the shoulders, even down to the arm and hands
Neck pain can also be a major contributor to headaches. Headaches can affect work flow, reduce alertness and concentration and severely impact your quality of life. A sign that a headache is caused by neck pain is:
- The headache is on one side or worse on one side of the head, or a specific point on both sides of the head.
- It is worse when moving the head in some directions and relieved when moving in other directions
- There is pain in your neck and shoulders as well as your headache
- When the pain in the neck and shoulders gets worse, the headache gets worse
If you have any of these symptoms, you may benefit from a thorough assessment and treatment by the experienced Active Back Care Physiotherapists in Castle Hill and Chiropractors in Castle Hill. They can determine the cause of your neck pain or headache and provide the latest treatment methods, supported by research, to address your specific condition. Some of these include:
- Manual therapies such as joint manipulation, mobilization, stretches, muscle releases and massage – to ease muscle tension and joint stiffness, improving mobility and function to help reduce pain
- Dry needling- using a modified version of acupuncture to target trigger points in the muscle to get instant pain relief and release muscle tension.
- ENAR therapy- using electrical stimulation to desensitise the nerves and break down any scar tissue to get long lasting relief
- Cold Laser therapy- using intense light to reduce acute pain and inflammation and stimulate muscle and ligament healing in the body
- Shockwave Therapy – to break up adhesions and muscle tension
- And a personalised exercise program to strengthen weak muscles and reset neurological pathways that can improve movement patterns and postural or mechanical issues causing your pain.
Our Active Back Care Remedial Massage Therapists in Castle Hill can also help provide soothing relief of neck pain and headaches by gently releasing muscle tension in the neck and shoulders, increasing blood flow and relieving stress. As fully trained and accredited practitioners in their own right, our Massage therapists work closely together with our Chiropractors and Physiotherapists to help bring you fast and effective relief.
If you have any symptoms described above, and want a thorough, patient centred approach to relieving your pain contact Active Back Care on (02) 9899 2813 to book your appointment today.