At Active Back Care your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting it.
We take every possible precaution to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, or alteration. There are certain risks inherent in the transmission of data electronically over the internet and as such the complete security of your information cannot be guaranteed. We are also bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988; if you provide us with information about your health when visiting our practice, we also ensure that our handling of that information complies with applicable State and Territory health records legislation. We have systems in place to protect the security of your health records and no unauthorized person has access to them. Records of clients who no longer attend this practice are destroyed when no longer needed.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Active Back Care may collect information about you either through your use of this website or in person at our practice.
WEBSITE/ONLINE (NON-HEALTH INFORMATION)
When you visit this website, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and information we collect about usage of this website that is collected on an aggregate basis.
1. Personal Information submitted online
From time to time our website may offer you the opportunity to sign up for our practice newsletter or other similar promotions. In order to subscribe, we will ask you to complete a short registration form and provide us with your name and email address. If you would like to leave a comment on our site, we will ask you to provide your name and email address in the online form. We also require all parties who wish to publish comments on our blog to provide us with their valid email address. However, any information you publish via our “reply” tool is made public, so please be careful about what personally identifiable information you publish when responding to comments or articles you have read on there.
Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about you and we do not intentionally store any personal information that your browser provided to us in your cookies. Cookies benefit you by creating a more streamlined and personalized experience on the site by storing preferences between sessions.
If you prefer not to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings of your browser to disable them or to notify you when cookies are being used.
3. IP Addresses
P addresses (“Internet Protocol”) is a unique number to identify computers that are connected to the internet. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as traffic data so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
IN PERSON (PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION)
WE WILL NEVER ASK YOU TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION VIA OUR WEBSITE.
Registered clients may be asked to provide additional limited personal health information to a staff member when you visit our practice. We are required, by law, to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of your protected health information. Our policy regarding collection and use of health information is based on the Health Privacy Principles (HPPs) as detailed in the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW), which affects the way both public and private sectors deal with health information in NSW, and the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) as detailed in The Federal Privacy Act.
We may with your consent collect personal health information from you or authorized third parties such as your Doctor.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only use or disclose personal information for the purpose that was specifically or reasonably apparent at the time of collection and we will not use your information for any other purpose. If you have subscribed to our monthly newsletter, we will use the email address you provided to send you a preliminary email confirming your subscription. Once confirmed, we will add your details to our internal mailing list so that we can send you the newsletter every month. We may also send information about our company and the services we offer or any special promotions that we may be running. Those that have who have signed up and subsequently wish to withdraw their participation may opt-out of receiving future mailings at any time (see the choice/opt-out section below).
We may also use your contact information to respond to any comments or questions that you have submitted to us via email or via a comment you have left on our website or in response to an article you have read on our blog.
If you have provided us with your personal health information, we use that in order to provide a service of the highest quality that meets with your personal requirements. We will only collect information from our clients necessary in order to do that. We aim to ensure that any information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Any and all information collected by or provided to Active Back Care is considered confidential. We do not share, sell, rent or lease personal information to third parties except as follows:
If required by law enforcement, judicial or government authority or in a matter of public safety or policy
We may also disclose information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be in violation of our Terms and Conditions or to protect our property or to prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
Any health information we hold helps us provide our clients with the best possible service, focused towards your particular needs. As Active Back Care is a multi-disciplinary practice, on occasion, it may be necessary to seek consultation from other team members associated with this practice to ensure you receive the quality treatment you expect from us. Disclosure of information to people other than authorized team members will require your permission.
ADDITIONAL USES AND DISCLOSURES WITHOUT YOUR AUTHORIZATION
We are permitted or required by law to make certain other uses and disclosures of your personal health information without your authorization, including under the following conditions:
– for any purpose as required by law;
– for public health activities, such as required reporting of certain diseases;
– we may also release your personal health information as required by law if we believe you to be a victim of abuse, neglect, or domestic violence;
– if required by law to a government oversight agency conducting audits, investigations, or civil or criminal proceedings;
– if required to do so by a court or administrative ordered subpoena, discovery request, or qualified protective order;
– to law enforcement officials
– for certain research purposes when such research is approved by an institutional review board with established rules to ensure privacy;
– if necessary to avert a serious threat to health or safety; or, to workers’ compensation agencies if necessary for your workers’ compensation benefit determination.
– We may disclose your health information to notify or assist in notifying a family member, or another person responsible for your care about your medical condition or in the event of an emergency or of your death.
– In the event that this practice is sold or merged with another organization, your health information/record will become the property of the new owner.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the form on our website, emailing us directly calling us using the number provided on our website:
– See what data we have about you, if any
– Change/correct any data we have about you
– Request that we delete any data we have about you.
– Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
– Request that we do not share any of your information with third parties
– If you have subscribed to our newsletter, every edition contains an ‘Unsubscribe’ link if you would like to opt out of further communications. If you have provided personally identifiable information when responding to an article or comment on our blog and you would like its removal, you can contact us and we will delete it.
This website is owned and operated by:
Active Back Care
158 SHOWGROUND ROAD
CASTLE HILL, NSW 2154,