Are you looking for a Castle Hill chiropractor? Our Castle Hill chiropractors are committed to making every visit a safe, comfortable, and nurturing experience. Read on to learn more about our chiropractic services in Castle Hill.
About our Chiropractic Team
Conveniently located in Castle Hill, Active Back Care was co-founded by husband-and-wife team Dr’s Rod and Cherine Weiland. As chiropractors and business owners, Rod and Cherine strive to deliver excellence in patient care and employee satisfaction. They both hold Masters degrees in Chiropractic and have many years of hands-on experience in clinical settings. The Weilands are highly involved in community outreach programs and spinal research foundations.
Dr Paul Lee provides Active Back Care’s patients with a high quality of chiropractic care. Paul uses a wide variety of techniques and an evidence-based approach to diagnose and treat patients. With extensive experience in many gentle adjustment techniques, he provides custom solutions that patients of all conditions find quite comfortable. His areas of interest include identifying biomechanical imbalances in the spine and pelvis that can lead to chronic and acute back pain, neck pain, poor posture, headaches and even dizziness and vertigo. In addition to his Chiropractic skills, Paul is also trained and well experienced in dry needling. Combining both these skills Paul has often been able address his patients pain and discomfort quickly and get them back on their feet fast. Paul earned his Bachelor of Chiropractic and Master of Chiropractic from Macquarie University in 2009. Since graduating, he has attended numerous seminars and workshops to expand his skills and knowledge.
Dr Van Dinh is also a Macquarie University graduate. She comes to us with over 8 years experience, having practiced successfully in Crows Nest and Hurstville and is now a local Hills District resident. We first met Van when she did a locum for us in 2012 and then again in 2013. We liked her so much we have been trying to get her to join our team since then, finally succeeding in November 2014.
A valued member of the Active Back Care team, Van has a passion for helping patients who are suffering from acute or chronic pain caused by spinal issues. After addressing symptoms of aches, pains and stiffness with highly effective Chiropractic techniques, Van is highly trained in and dedicates much of her time and care in a postural correction technique called Advance Biostructural Correction (ABC), which is highly effective in correcting postural distortions and maintaining proper posture. She has used ABC to treat patients of all ages and conditions, including young students to achieve long term changes and stabilization. In addition, as a Mum herself, Van has a genuine interest in extending care to children and her pregnant patients. She is dedicated to ensure that spinal care is maintained through all important developmental stages in life, especially when the load is greatest. Van has attended several pre and post natal and paediatric post graduate courses to expand and consolidate her knowledge and skill in these areas.
Active Back Care’s team of highly trained Castle Hill chiropractors also work closely with our massage therapists and physiotherapists – our goal is to provide you with the best possible care. To learn more about the rest of the health care practitioners that work at Active Back Care visit our Meet the Team page. To find out more about our professional philosophy and what sets us apart from other wellness clinics, please visit our Why Choose Us page.
When you first visit our Castle Hill office, we’ll begin by performing a thorough examination to assess your back pain or neck pain. Your practitioner will consult with you to determine your specific pains, limitations, and wellness goals, and will then take the time to design a customized treatment plan to help you achieve those goals.
Your chiropractic techniques will be selected based on what is causing your back pain or neck pain. For instance, if you’re suffering from a disc injury, we’ll use specific techniques that have proven effective for that particular condition. Above all, we use your comfort as a guide, and will only use techniques that you find tolerable.
Our Chiropractic Techniques
There are a number of different techniques used in chiropractic care. While it will take years and extensive training and study to accurately perform any of these techniques, it is helpful that you understand the different approaches that are included in your treatment program.
At Active Back Care in Castle Hill, we encourage our patients to take a more active part in their recovery and rehabilitation. We believe that this is key in empowering them to become more conscious on what to do and what to avoid in restoring and maintaining overall health.
We use a wide range of techniques, hand-selecting customized treatment plans based on each patient’s individual needs, symptoms, and preferences. All techniques are tailored to the comfort and condition of the patient.
Below are just a few of the common techniques we utilize for backache, sciatica, neck pain, and related conditions:
- Diversified: This traditional chiropractic treatment is used to correct a biomechanical failure, or subluxation, in the spine. There are many different types of Diversified methods, many of which are used to facilitate recovery from sports injuries and other traumas. A series of small thrusting motions is used to realign the spine, alleviate pressure, and restore joint function. At Active Back Care, we have achieved significant positive results by incorporating Diversified manual thrusts (adjustments) into our everyday practice. The Diversified technique is safe and effective for patients who suffer from neck pain, back pain, spinal stiffness, or other injuries that impair mobility.
- Gonstead: Another common chiropractic approach, the Gonstead technique focuses on the lower portion of the spine, where many spinal problems originate. By addressing and adjusting the root cause of problem, this type of chiropractic care delivers a more lasting cure. Through manipulation, the swelling, inflammation and misalignment of the spinal discs are fully addressed. This technique uses five criteria in detecting the presence of a vertebral subluxation complex: visualisation, instrumentation, static palpation, motion palpation and X-ray analysis.
- Drop Table: Our chiropractors often use the drop table to treat lower back problems such as lumbar pain, sciatica, herniation, and disc injuries. It can also be used to adjust the neck and mid back areas. This table features different sections that can be raised by about 1 to 2 inches. The chiropractor will determine which part or section of the drop table will be used, corresponding to the specific area of the spine that requires an adjustment. Once the particular section of the table is slightly raised and locked in place, the tension is adjusted based on the body weight of the patient. The chiropractor is able to conveniently manipulate most of the joints of the body.
- Advanced Bio-structural Correction: The Advanced Bio-structural Correction (ABC) is another form of chiropractic technique designed to address the mechanics of the human skeletal structure. It is used to treat a patient’s specific individual structural condition. Through the use of the Advanced Bio-structural Correction technique, the structure of the spine is properly corrected, allowing it to return to its natural position and alleviating unnecessary strain and tension.
- Webster: Often used to relieve discomfort in pregnant women, the Webster technique helps to restore proper functioning of the pelvis, reduce spinal strain, lessen strain on ligaments and joints, alleviate lower back pain, and improve posture and balance. This technique can also help to shift the uterus and get the baby into a proper and healthy (head down) position for birth. Webster is also used for postnatal care.
At Active Back Care in Castle Hill, we offer both short-term care (as little as 2-4 weeks to reduce back pain and stabilize the spine) and long-term corrective chiropractic care (intended for long-term spinal corrections). During the course of your treatment, we will regularly assess your condition and symptoms to measure the progress. If your back pain or neck pain is not responding to the chiropractic treatments, we may refer you to hand-picked specialists.
Regardless of the technique we use to address your condition and symptoms, you will receive thorough, gentle, and dedicated attention from your chiropractic practitioner. We are not a “high-volume” facility and never rush our patients—we take as much time as necessary to make each patient feel comfortable and confident about their chiropractic care.
Active Back Care provides chiropractic care to patients in Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills, Kellyville, Kellyville Ridge, Glenhaven, Norwest, and Rouse Hill.